Why is my bill higher than expected?
There are a number of reasons why your bill may appear higher than normal:
- It may have been calculated on an estimated reading
- You could have come off introductory rates
- Your rates may have gone up if you changed from direct debit or cancelled eBilling
- Your usage could have changed.
- If you have a smart meter for electricity with Interval (30 minute) Smart Services activated, you may need to check your usage as you may be using a lot of energy during peak times. You can view your usage through your My SSE Airtricity account. You can find more information on managing your energy usage and making your home more energy efficient here.
If you've checked all of the above and still feel there is a problem with your bill, please contact our Customer Service team on 1850 81 22 20^ at least 5 days before the payment due date to discuss your options.
^Calls will be charged at Lo Call rates from any landline in the Republic of Ireland, calls made from mobile phones will cost more.