I don't want to pay by direct debit. What are the alternatives?
If you choose not to pay by direct debit, SSE Airtricity also offers you a range of other options for making full or top-up payments on your bill:
- At the post office or at selected PostPoint outlets
- Online at sseairtricity.com and BillPay.ie
- By Debit or credit card by calling our Customer Service team on 1850 81 22 20^
- Through your bank or building society (at your branch, using online/telephone banking or setting up a standing order)
- At selected credit unions
- By cheque
See detailed information on all our payment options.
You can also use any of these payment options even if you stay signed up to direct debit – any extra payments made up to 6 working days before the payment due date on your bill will just be deducted from your direct debit amount.
What happens if you cancel your direct debit
Remember, if you cancel your direct debit you will:
- Lose your direct debit discount, and,
- Have to pay a security deposit of €300
How to change your payment method
Contact our Customer Service team on 1850 81 22 20^ to discuss the various payment options available and the one that's best for you.
^Calls charged at Lo Call rate. Rates from mobile phones may vary so please check with your operator.