Last Updated: September 2020
At SSE Airtricity, the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues, customers and the communities we serve will always be our number one priority.
We’re fully complying with government guidelines and our teams have been safely working from their homes and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. While we still offer our full range of services and endeavor to provide our customers with the service they expect from us, there may be some delays with some of our services and as our teams are working from home your experience might be a little different. We appreciate your patience and support as we continue to do everything we can to look after our colleagues and customers.
In addition, our sales teams have received additional health and safety training along with essential PPE and sanitation supplies. We’ve also updated our sales process to ensure social distancing is maintained, while contactless sign-ups allow customers to conveniently and safely switch to 100% green energy. We continue to monitor for, and adopt to, updates to the public health guidance as the health and safety of our teams and our customers remains a priority for us at all times.
Our Customer Service Team:
We continue to provide our full range of services to our customers over the phone and via our online channels. We’re here to help
- Call 1850 40 40 70^ - Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm
- Live Chat Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Weekends and Bank Holidays 10am - 6pm
- Facebook chat @sseairtricity and Twitter @sseairhelp – Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and Weekends and Bank Holidays 10am – 6pm.’
- Email us at email@example.com
- Gas Boiler Service, Repair & Replacement Priority Appointments – Call 1850 81 81 70^ Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Check out our list of Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions.
Concerns about paying your energy bills:
There are many ways to pay your bills. But if you’ve concerns about paying your energy bills, we’re committed to working with you to find a resolution together. To speak with a member of our team simply call us on 1850 40 40 70^.
Submitting your meter readings:
We continue to encourage you to submit meter readings where it is safe to do so. Your energy usage may have changed over this period and providing us with an actual meter reading will ensure you get billed for the energy you have used.
- Simply make a note of your reading from your gas or electricity meter, or both. If you need help on how to read your meter, visit our meter reading page.
- Submit your meterreading online.
- We’ll use your reading to more accurately calculate the energy you’ve used for your next bill.
Gas Boiler – Service, Repairs & Replacements
Our Home Energy Services team are back out servicing, repairing and replacing gas boilers and operating as usual. Covid 19 measures will be in place to protect our customers and our teams. Book online here or call us on 1850 81 81 10^.
Self-service through your online account
Many of your day-to-day interactions with us can be carried out on our online self-service portal. To make sure we can quickly deal with our most in need customers, we’d ask that, where possible, you log on to your online account first. You can log in or to register your online account.
Prepayment Electricity Customer
We recommend that you always keep your electricity meter topped up. Where possible, we advise customers who can, to top up online.
Important information for Pay As You Go Gas Customers on Emergency Credit:
- The amount of Emergency Credit for gas offered to a customer is €10
- Once the credit on the meter drops to a low level you will be offered ‘Emergency Credit’.
- This can be borrowed until you can buy some more credit.
- When you want to use your Emergency Credit, insert your Gas Card into the meter. When the Emergency Gas Credit is offered, you can accept it by pressing the red Button A.
- If you’re already in emergency credit, this must be cleared before you can avail of the new emergency credit.
- Find more information onprepayment meters, how to access emergency credit or visit Gas Networks Ireland.
Frequently Asked Questions