Notification of Gas Pass-Through Charges Change
Notification of Gas Pass-Through Charges Change 2020/21
As indicated in your gas supply contract, the gas charge within your tariff reflects your risk management approach e.g. fixed gas price, for the contract duration. You can also see this in the pricing proposal, SSE Airtricity gas supply contract provided for regulated Pass-Through charges and how these charges would be treated under the contract.
What are Pass-Through Charges?
Pass-Through charges are relevant third-party costs, charges, taxes, duties, levies, tariffs or any government-imposed charges, which relate to the supply and distribution of electricity to a building including, but not limited to, Distribution Use of Systems (DUoS) and Transmission Use of Systems (TUoS) charges and VAT.
Pass-Through charges are used to pay for common services for all gas consumers and these charges are subject to approval from the Regulator. The changes in these charges apply to all suppliers equally.
The Distribution and Transmission Transportation Pass-Through charges for the 2020/2021 period will be applied to your bill from 01 October 2020 and the effect of these changes on your current contract prices are set out below.
Gas Networks Ireland (“GNI”) Distribution Tariffs for Gas Year 2020/2021
· Capacity Charges Have Increased circa 5.4% compared to the 2019/20 charges.
· Commodity Charges Have Increased circa 4.84% compared to the 2019/20 charges.
Gas Networks Ireland Transmission Tariffs for Gas Year 2020/2021
· The transmission capacity charge for UK gas has increased from €699.003 to €722.444 per peak day MWh (3.35 % increase on Oct 19 charge).
· The transmission commodity charge has increased from €0.319 to €0.350 per MWh (9.72 % increase on Oct 19 charge).
UK Gas Transmission Transportation Charges 2020/2021
· The revised level of the Non-Transmission Services (“NTS”) exit commodity charge is 0.0128 p/kWh, a decrease of 63% compared to the Oct 2019 charge (0.0348 p/kWh) – a decrease of 0.0220 p/kWh.
· The revised level of the NTS exit capacity charge for Moffat Interconnector is 0.0198 p/peak day kWh, which is an increase compared to the current charge of 0.0017 p/peak day kWh.
The Gas Networks Ireland (GNI) Distribution and Transmission transportation charges are regulated and approved by the Commission for Regulation of Utilities (“CRU”). The UK National Transmission System (NTS) Charge is published by National Grid and approved by the Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem).
The changes in Distribution and Transmission Transportation Pass-Through charges vary, the exact change in your bill will depend on your tariff type and consumption pattern. All the new charges will be applied to your bills for consumption from 01 October 2020.
If you would like a copy of the document, have any questions about your new tariffs or any other aspect of your service from SSE Airtricity, we’re here to help. Contact our Corporate Accounts Team on 1850 92 77 75* for Large Business Customers and 1850 81 21 44* for small, medium and enterprise customers
*Calls charged at Lo Call rate. Rates from mobiles and landlines may vary. Please check with your operator.